Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thrift Store Find!!


This is a beautiful vintage ( 80's radio) I found at a local thrift store. Its pink! What comes to mind? Cindi Lauper? Roxanne, Roxanne? Darryl and Oates(?) ? I know one of them did:} it works great and was only $1.15! (1/2 off coupon) Obviously no one but me would appreciate a find like this because I saw it at the store not once but twice (the first times I had on my logical thinking cap- the you don't really need this one) and the third time I grabbed it and never looked back! Now I'm on the hunt for more tapes to help me create in my studio what Louie Armstrong, (check), Ink Spots, (check), Rudy Vallee and his Gentleman Songsters (check)! Hey if you create with vintage emphemera, its only right to submerge yourself totally down to the checkered knickers and specs!;)

3 comments:

Belua Designs said...

Great find!! I think I used to have a radio like that!

Chrisy said...

oh it's just fabulous!...and what fun ull have collecting tapes...and boppin along...

erin, maker of chimes said...

Love it!