Monday, October 3, 2016

Geography Work Montessori style

Great Montessori ideas do not have to cost a fortune, here I will be showing my Montessori inspired work, with Dollar Store items and or things you probably already have around the home.



In my five year olds Geography "basket" I cut out a rough likeness of the 7 continents from construction paper (Dollar Store) and used a piece of blue felt for the ocean. I also added plastic animals (Dollar Store) depending on the continent under study. I found a pack of flashcard like puzzles that give a little background on a variety of animals. I hang up the cutout of the continent and give her an opportunity to color a print out from a google image or two. And believe me for a 5 year old this will suffice! She enjoys it and it introduces her to her world!

No comments: